CRVS eLearning course (https://systemesesec.ca/crvs-elearning-course)
This free course is hosted on the World Bank’s Open Learning Campus (https://olc.worldbank.org/content/civil-registration-and-vital-statistics-systems-basic-level-self-paced-format). It is offered in two formats:
- Basic-level certificateThis self-paced course comprises three modules. Enrollment is open, and you can finish at any time.
- Advanced-level certificateAfter completing the first three compulsory modules and receiving the basic-level certificate, you may register for the 10 more advanced modules. This course is virtually guided by international experts and must be completed in six weeks.
Each module includes information on a specific aspect of CRVS systems, country examples from around the world, self-tests, interactive exercises, and a downloadable version of the content.
Course module topics include:
- Importance of CRVS systems
- Overview of CRVS systems
- Institutional arrangements of CRVS systems
- Legal framework of CRVS systems
- Birth registration and adoption
- Death registration
- Marriage and divorce registration
- Analysis and use of vital statistics
- Presentation and dissemination of vital statistics
- CRVS digitization
- CRVS assessment and strategic planning
- Identity management systems
- Refugees, internally displaced persons, stateless persons, and CRVS systems
Enrollment information and facilitated course dates are available on the registration page (https://olc.worldbank.org/content/civil-registration-and-vital-statistics-systems-basic-level-self-paced-format) of the Open Learning Campus website.
This comprehensive CRVS eLearning course is brought to you by the Global CRVS Group (which comprises several organizations) and the World Bank Group Open Learning Campus, in partnership with the Korea Ministry of Strategy and Finance.